The Runaway Cook

A diary of culinary adventures

Leaving



Today, everyone is flying home . . . well, most people are flying home. A few brave tadpoles in this pool have decided to venture off into the wild and chance being eaten new habitats. I happen to be one of those insane individuals. I'm fly to Dubai to connect with a flight to Rome. Yes! ROME!! I am going back to Italy to learn about and explore the country on my own and any other that I might run into on my trek to Hamburg, Germany.


I am nervous and worried. I fear this trip may be more challenging than I had imagined before. I fear that maybe not all the fish in this new pond are willing to let this tadpole continue swimming and growing unharmed. Perhaps this new adventure will be the time of my life, changing me, and showing myself that I am stronger than I had ever imagined. Or will it be the event that tries my sole and finds me weak, uncertain, and false. The worst part is I am not sure what the answer will be.


There are so many "what-if's" that I feel like I'm jumping to my death. I am pretty sure that I will not be sleeping in the next 24 hours and that is making my really worried. I can't speak much Italian and that might be a problem along the way. What will I do and how will I get to Salerno and Amalfi? How will I ever figure this out?. . . I wish I was not so alone in all this.




0 comments:

Post a Comment