The Runaway Cook

A diary of culinary adventures

Durian Returns. . . Again! Will it never end?!?


Hey who want's to visit the fruit bar?

Ok so maybe this isn't a real establishment, but today was our last day at Taylor's College and by the end of this hectic day of food mayhem we all ended up visiting this area of our graduation reception.

However, this wasn't just a place of refreshing juices and ice cold water. No, it was a buffet of exotic fruits and fruit sculptures. We gawked at all these different foods and instead of indulging on the dishes we had worked so hard to prepare for the buffet indoors, we ate our hearts out here.

Among my favorites, dragonfruit, lychee, longan, and mangosteen, was that rascal that I had eaten two times already this week, durian.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Wil I never escape the clutches of this fruit?

I think I said no to the students and instructors who said, "oh common it'll be better this time." Ha so much for that. This poor fruit will never be ok to me. Sadly, I succumbed to the pressure and took the half a fruit that was handed to me. BLECK!! I can't believe it, but I ate it again.... Lordy sakes! On second thought, I am ok with leaving. .
Below are the fruit sculptures and fruit arrangement at the bar as well as a photo of me surrounded by the group of Taylor's students that helped in my area of the kitchen this morning. We were all very tired and very glad to have this well deserved break.





0 comments:

Post a Comment