The Runaway Cook

A diary of culinary adventures

Again


Hello eveyone! Today (May 20th) was officially the last day of classes at Johnson & Wales University here in Provi and I feel weird. Actually, I took my last final on Tuesday so today just feels like the weekend. I can’t believe that this is the end of my third (THIRD!) year here. I feel like I have spend hardly any time here, in that, it hasn’t felt like “ugg three years,” but at the same time . . I feel like this time I am in now has been were I have always been. I was walking up the hill the other day, (our campus is build on low ground near the bay. Meaning, to get out of the campus and back to my apartment I must walk up this big hill. I seem to do vast quantities of thinking during my journeys across Mount JWU)


With only six months until the true end of my time here, I seem to be thinking more about things. I think, “Where will I go? When I get there, what will I do? When I do that, how will I do it? Who will I know? Will I like it? Will I survive?” I forget that these questions are the same ones I had that summer before I came here. If i was able to Travel nearly 1400 miles to get here, a place I had never visited, and thrive not only in school but as a person, then I will be able to do it again. I just have to get through this tough spot. I have to push past the discomfort and keep going forward.


0 comments:

Post a Comment