The Runaway Cook

A diary of culinary adventures

Heaven

Have you ever tasted heaven . . . Just a taste, one glorious bite of those golden sunny beams streaming through the clouds?   That flavor is like nothing else!  Warm, exciting, and refreshing, it’s like eating all the best parts of summer in one single mouthful.

Disguised in a red dress, the celestial essence becomes a seductive kiss of color among a crowd green with envy.  Each emerald limb reaches for the rouge beauty with hair standing on end.  Alas, only the very ends of strained stems are permitted to grace her taught skin with their fingertips. Her firm flesh is veiled by a glossy film that seduces even the most upright.  She calls to me with siren voice, singing of her supernatural sweetness.  I can stand the temptation no longer! Her perfection is too much resist.  My hand reaches for the plump jewel, to release her from the jealous hands that had held on for so long. 

Ripe and engorged with elixir of pure summer sun, I stare at the orb enamored by her simple charm.  Her vivacious scent overwhelms my reality, and I consume the luscious fruit.  Pow!  The burst of pressure is an explosion in my mouth, precipitating in gushes of flavor running down my lips and cheeks.  So rich and sweet, yet so light and mouthwatering, how can it be? It just can be I tell you! 

 The tomato is the pure, untouched embodiment of bliss.  Possessing the sun in her flesh, the power of cosmic tears in her blush wine, the perfection of paradise in her taste, and eternal life of yearly regeneration . . . she is heaven. 

http://lakehouse-garden.blogspot.com/



0 comments:

Post a Comment